2 Pie Crusts; unbaked
1½ lbs boneless, skinless Chicken breasts or thighs
2 cups Chicken Broth
1½ Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 medium Onion; finely chopped
3 medium Carrots, peeled and sliced (¼ inch thick)
2 stalks celery; sliced (¼ inch thick)
4 Tbsp Butter
½ cup Flour
½ cup Milk
½ tsp ground dried Thyme
3 Tbsp. Dry Sherry
¼ cup Frozen Peas, thawed
3 Tbsp Minced Parsley - Fresh
Preheat oven to 400ºF pace oven rack in middle position
1. Place chicken and broth in a stock pot over medium heat. Cover, bring to a simmer and simmer until the chicken is done (about 10 minutes)
2. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl; reserve the broth in a separate cup or small bowl
3. Place oil in stock pot, turn heat to medium-high
4. Add the carrots, onion and celery. Sauté until just tender (about 5 minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper
5. Shred the chicken meat into bit-sized pieces, then place the vegetables into the bowl with the chicken and set aside.
6. Heat the butter in the now empty stock pot over medium heat. Once melted, add the four and cook 1 minute.
7. Whisk in the chicken broth, milk and thyme. Bring to a simmer, continue to simmer until sauce thickens (about 1 minute). Season with salt and pepper, stir in sherry.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken-vegetables mixture, stir well. Stir in the peas and parsley.
9. Line a 9x13 baking dish with one of the pie crusts. If using ready to bake pie crusts, roll the dough to fit the dish.
10 Pour the chicken mixture into the baking dish and top with the second pie crust.
11. Bake in preheated oven until the pie crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes