1. In small bowl combine warm milk and yeast. Stir until the yeast is dissolved and begins to bubble, about
2. In separate bowl combine dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cardamom and salt. Add in milk and yeast
mixture. Using your fingers, add little knobs of butter. Using a dough hook or your hands, form the dough
and knead until the dough holds its shape, around 10 minutes. Cover the dough with a moist towel and
let rise until doubled in size, around 45 minutes.
3. Once the dough has risen, divide it in half and roll each portion of the dough into a large rectangle.
4. For the filling, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon. Spread on both rectangles of dough evenly.
5. Preheat oven to 425°F.
6. Roll up each rectangle from the smallest end and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices. Place buns on baking sheet
and cover with a towel, proof until doubled in size, around 20 minutes.
7. Whisk the egg until frothy. Brush on buns and sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake until golden brown, about
This delicious recipe brought to you by THE COOKFUL