1. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
2. Transfer the pudding mixture to a saucepan and cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly so that it doesn’t stick to the pan (about 15-20 minutes).
3. In the bottom of a glass baking dish, layer the vanilla wafers and then layer the sliced bananas.
4. Pour ˝ of the pudding mixture on top of the wafers and bananas.
5. Place another layer of feeds and sliced bananas on top of the pudding mixture.
6. Add the other ˝ of the pudding mixture on top of the wafers and bananas.
7. Crush up a few vanilla wafers and sprinkle on top of the pudding mixture.
8. Top with cool whip or meringue.
9. Eat warm or refrigerate and enjoy it cold!