5 ears corn (or 4 cans of corn)
¼ cup salted butter, melted
1 cup mexican crema
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup cojita cheese
Hot sauce (I like Tapatio)
1 lime, cut into wedges
IF USING CORN COBS:
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Pull all husks back on corn except 1-2 thin layers, remove end husks. Grill corn about 20 minutes. Remove last layer of husks and grill for a minute or two until corn has charring.
3. Remove from grill and let cool enough to handle.
4. Place glass upside down in middle of large bowl. Stand corn cob on the upside down glass, and use a knife to scrape kernels off the cob so that they fall into the bowl (not all over your counter).
IF USING CANNED CORN:
Pour drained corn in bowl.
5. Pour melted butter over corn, mix well.
6. Layer corn with crema, both cheeses, hot sauce, chili powder, smoked paprika, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Repeat.
7. Microwave about 30 seconds, just enough to really warm the serving bowls. Serve immediately.