1. Heat oven to 375º Remove wrappers from Kisses
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended.
3. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
5. Stir flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Immediately press a Kiss into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
10. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool Completely.