1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to mix.
4. Grate frozen butter in a food processor or use hand grater.
5.Add butter to flour mixture and cut in with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles the texture of cornmeal.
6. In another bowl, whisk together cream, egg, vanilla paste and extract.
7. Add liquid to flour mixture and combine until mixture forms a ball.
8. Put the dough on a floured surface then knead briefly until dough comes together.
9. Roll out dough to about 1/2 inch thickness into a rectangle shape.
10. Cut dough into 8 rectangles or squares. Then cut each of these on the diagonal and then on the other creating 32 petite scones.
11. Place on prepared baking sheets and bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to get golden brown.
12. Transfer scones to a cooling rack. Allow to completely cool.
13. Whisk together glaze ingredients, adding cream one tablespoon at a time to achieve desired thickness.
14. Dip cooled scones in glaze then place back onto cooling racks to harden (I always put wax paper under cooling racks to pick up the glaze drippings. This helps Ken with clean up).