Making the dough/crust:
1. Combine yeast with ¾ cup of water & ½ Tbsp. sugar
1a. Let sit for a few minutes to allow the water/yeast mixture to rise
2. Add a pinch of salt to the flour in a mixing bowl
3. Add the yeast mixture to the flour
3.a. Add about ½ cup of warm water to flour mixture.
3.b. Knead dough in bowl adding more flour as needed
3.c. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of olive oil
4. Set dough aside & let rise - cover the bowl with a dishtowel and place in a warm oven about 1 hour
1. Wash, slice and dice the zucchini (throwing out the middle part with the seeds)
2. Thinly slice the onion
3. In a saucepan, combine ½ - 1 cup of water, diced zucchini, sliced onion, olive oil & salt.
3.a. Steam until semi-soft, then drain water
4. Transfer zucchini mixture to a bowl - add salt, pepper, olive oil, 1 egg, parsley, mozzarella & parmesean cheeses - set aside
Put It All Together:
1. Coat a pie pan or baking pan with oil.
2. Roll out dough & place it in the pan for the bottom layer of crust
3. Fill with the zucchini mixture adding more oil & parmesean cheese
4. Cover with the top layer of dough and trim/pinch the edges
5. Make a few wholes on the top of the crust with a fork to vent
Bake at 400º for approx. 30 minutes