1. Mix ⅓ cup sugar, the raisins and cinnamon; set aside.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Mix in egg, 1 tbs granulated sugar and the baking mix; beat vigorously.
3. Turn dough onto floured board. Knead until smooth, about 20 times.
4. Roll dough into a rectangle, 16x9 inches. Spread rectangle with butter; sprinkle with raisin mixture. Roll up tightly, beginning at wide side. Seal well by pinching edge of dough into roll.
5. Place dough seam side down in a circle on greased baking sheet; pinch ends together. Make cuts ⅔ of the way through ring at 1-inch intervals; turn each section on its side. Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour.
6. Heat oven to 375°. Bake 15 min or until light brown. While warm, frost with Confectioner’s Icing.
Add cherries, nuts if desired.