1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Heat chicken with taco mix and water (per taco mix instructions). When combined, remove from heat.
3. Pour salsa into 9 x 13 glass baking dish and spread to cover the bottom of the dish.
4. Cut tortillas in half.
5. Dip each tortilla half in enchilada sauce and place in a layer in the baking dish. Line the straight sides of the tortilla halves around the edges of the dish and use an extra piece or two to cover the middle.
6. Layer half the chicken on top of the tortillas. Then layer 1 cup shredded cheddar on top of the chicken.
7. Repeat layering with tortillas, the other half of the chicken, and the rest of the cheese.
8. Drizzle whatever is left of the enchilada sauce over the casserole.
9. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
10. Remove the cover and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes.
Note: Can also be prepared with cooked ground beef, shredded beef, or chopped steak instead of chicken.