* I like to cook the meat overnight, then I can assemble the enchiladas in time for dinner since the pork takes 10-12 hours to cook and the enchiladas take some preparation and time in the oven.
For the Slow Cooker Pork:
Mix spices and rub all over pork. Place in slow cooker and add about 1 c. water. Cover and cook on LOW for 10-12 hours. Shred the meat with 2 forks, set aside.
For the enchiladas:
1. Once the pork is shredded, I usually roast it in the oven for 20-30 minutes to to crisp it up a little. (It's kind of the best this way!)
2. Spread a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of two casserole dishes. Pour some enchilada sauce on a plate and coat both sides of your tortilla.
3. Add about a 1/3 c. of pulled pork, a sprinkle of cheese, and a sprinkle of cilantro. Roll up the tortilla and put the seam down. Repeat this until all the meat is gone.
4. Add a little enchilada sauce to the top of the enchiladas. Add about a cup of cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro to the top of each casserole dish. Cover with foil.
Bake for 20 minutes covered and then 20 minutes uncovered.