1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts
2 T of olive oil
3 t of onion powder
2 t of garlic powder
3 t of chili powder
2 t of cumin
1 t of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3 c of low-sodium chicken broth
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 ¾ c of instant whole grain brown rice
1 ½ c of shredded colby jack cheese
1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2. Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Cook on low for about 4 hours, until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
4. Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
5. Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and black beans.
6. Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
7. Add chicken shredded back in, top with cheese and let cook a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
8. Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, avocados or guacamole.