1 loaf (1lb.) French Bread, TOPPING RASPBERRY SAUCE
cut into 20 slices ½ cup packed brown sugar ⅓ cup sugar
½ lb. sliced deli ham ¼ cup butter, softened 1 tbsp. cornstarch
½ lb. sliced deli turkey ½ tsp. ground cinnamon ¼ cup cold water
½ lb. sliced Swiss cheese ¼ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard ¼ cup maple syrup
6 large eggs 2 cups fresh or frozen
1½ cups whole milk raspberries
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Line a greased 13x9" baking dish with half the bread. Spread the mustard over the bread. Layer with
ham, cheese, turkey and remaining bread. (dish will be full).
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla: pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 375º. Remove from refrigerator while oven heats.
4. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown,
5. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water, lemon juice and maple syrup until
smooth. Add raspberries. Bring to a boil; cooked stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
6. Let casserole stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sauce. 3 tbsp. per piece.