1. Preheat oven to 325º. Grease and flour Classic Batter Bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into batter bowl. Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes - 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Run a knife around outside of cake and gently turn out onto cooling rack, large end down. Cool 3 hours.
2. Using serrated knife, trim large end of cake to level. Place cake, large side down, onto serving plate. Slice cake horizontally in half. Slice each half into two equal layers.
3. Finely chop 1/4 cup of chocolate chips; set aside. Place remaining chocolate chips in microwave-safe dish and microwave until melted and smooth stirring every 20 seconds. In large bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar; whisk until smooth. Stir in melted chocolate; mix well. Fold two cups of the whipped topping and chopped chocolate into cream cheese mixture. Spread bottom layer of cake with about half of the filling, form a 3/4 -inch layer. Repeat with remaining layers and filling, ending with the top layer of cake.
4. Spread any remaining filling over outside of cake to create a smooth surface. Frost cake with remaining whipped topping.
5. To form decorative peaks, press spreader into topping and pull away. Repeat over entire surface of cake. For easier slicing, refrigerate cake at least 30 minutes.
6. To easily cut cake into servings, cut cake into eight wedges from top to bottom. Slice each wedge in half horizontally.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutritional info: 410 calories, 23g fat, 44g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g protein