2 small sweet potatoes, chopped
4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
½ medium ripe avocado, cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
Water, divided use
3 medium zucchini
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
2 medium green onions, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375Ί F.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with ½ tsp. oil; mix well. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Set aside.
3. While sweet potatoes are baking, place avocado, garlic, 2 Tbsp. water, and remaining 3½ tsp. oil in a food processor (or blender). Pulse until well blended. Set aside.
4. Using a vegetable peeler, cut each zucchini into lengthwise strips about ⅛ inch thick. Turn each zucchini slightly after cutting each strip to work evenly around the outside, stopping when you hit the seeds at the core. Discard cores. Cut slices lengthwise into ½- inch ribbons. Set aside.
5. Place water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice; reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil.
6. Break eggs into a small bowl. Hold bowl close to the waters surface and slip the eggs, one by one, into the water. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken, about 5 minutes. Gently lift eggs out of water; keep warm.
7. Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
8. Place zucchini in a medium serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add avocado mixture; toss gently to blend.
9. Divide zucchini between two bowls; top evenly with sweet potatoes, green onions, and an egg. Serve immediately.