1. In a large bowl, stir together melted butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until combined.Stir in vanilla extract and maple syrup.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Cover bowl with clear wrap and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes.
5. While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper (if you don't have parchment paper, you can bake directly on an ungreased cookie sheet).
Scoop about 2-2 1/2 Tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into balls, making them slightly taller than they are wide. Place them at least 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
6. Bake about 13 minutes (cookies will appear to be a bit underdone, but edges should be just beginning to turn golden brown).
7. Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet. If desired, gently press a few chocolate chips on top of the hot cookies.