1 box lasagne noodles, cooked al dente
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 container ricotta cheese
16 oz. parmesan cheese
16 oz. mozzarella cheese
2 eggs, slightly beaten
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 32-oz. jars pasta sauce
1. In a large skillet, brown together beef, sausage, onion, and garlic. Add pasta sauce.
2. In a bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 8 oz. parmesan cheese (1/2 the container/bag), eggs, and nutmeg. Set aside the remaining 8 oz. of parmesan cheese.
3. Create the lasagne layers:
a) Spread a little bit of the meat sauce mixture on the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
b) Place a layer of noodles on top of the meat sauce, completely covering the bottom of the pan.
d) Spread half of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
e) Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce on top of the cheese.
f) Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on top of the meat sauce.
g) Add a layer of noodles.
h) Add a layer of the remaining cheese mixture.
i) Add a layer of meat sauce. Tip: Be sure to save enough meat sauce for the final layer.
j) Add a layer of the remaining mozzarella cheese.
k) Add a final layer of noodles.
l) Add a final layer of meat sauce.
j) Top with the parmesan cheese you set aside in step 2.
4. Cover with foil sprayed with PAM.
5. Bake at 375º F for 45-50 minutes. Remove foil during the last 5-10 minutes.
6. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Tip: Be sure you cool it long enough for it to set. Otherwise, it will fall apart when you cut it.