1. ***This makes enough frosting to allow for covering the whole cake with chocolate rosettes. Just make
half the recipe to frost your cake in the usual way.
2. Use a stand mixer for this frosting: Place butter and vanilla in bowl and beat at medium-high
speed for about 3 minutes. You want it to appear lighter and fluffier.
3. While butter is in mixer add powdered sugar, cocoa and salt to a separate bowl and mix with a whisk.
4. With mixer off, add in one cup of the powdered sugar mix. Turn on mixer to low and then slowly
add remaining powdered sugar mix, one cup at a time.
5. With mixer still on low, add in milk. turn mixer to medium-high and blend for at least 2 minutes.
If you have one, use the whisk attachment for your stand mixer.
6.**Frosting will appear very light but will darken as it sets.