1. Heat oven to 350º.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla. ***You can make your own buttermilk
by putting 1 tbsp vinegar in a measuring cup then adding milk to equal 1 cup. Let sit 5 minutes.
4. Using an electric mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
5. Then add the coffee and stir just until combined. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured round
8 inch pans.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until a cake tester comes out mostly clean (not wet).
7. Cool in pans for 30 minutes the turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.