For the Carnitas:
1. Add water, garlic, thyme, marjoram, onion, black pepper, whole cloves (stemmed), cumin, and 1 tablespoon of salt to blender.
2. Puree ingredients in the blender until they are a smooth consistency.
3. Warm a large Dutch oven to medium heat, or a heavy casserole.
4. Add the pork chunks to your vegetable shortening or lard has melted, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
5. Flip and stir the meat as it is browning on all sides for around 10 minutes.
6. Pour the onion mixture over the meat, let it come to a simmer and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Stir in the orange juice and milk as you add the bay leaves and let it come to a summer before reducing the heat to medium-low and covering.
8. Cook the meat completely. This will take about an hour and a half, during which time you should stir the casserole 2 to 3 times.
9. Remove the lid, cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
10. Remove the lid from the casserole and allow it to cook for another five minutes.
11. To remove the fat, scoop the carnitas into the serving bowl with a slotted spoon.
12. If you would like, you can shred the meat before tucking it into the tacos.
13. Serve the tacos with corn tortillas that you have heated up and pickled jalapenos. You can use salsa verse cruda on the side as an alternative.
For the Salsa Verde Cruda:
1. In a blender, mix the avocado, cilantro, onion, chile, tomatillos, and salt.
2. Puree the mixture to a smooth consistency.