1. Cut the bacalao in chunks, place in a pot, cover with water and boil on high for 15 minutes.
2. Drain, debone, wash and shred.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Make a little well in the center. Pour the water slowly and mix to make a thick like sauce.
5. Add the pepper and sazón and stir well.
6. In a mortar, crush the garlic (a pilonazo) and culantro leaves. Add to the mix.
7. Add the shredded bacalao and mix well.
In a frying pan, pre-heat lots of vegetable oil.
Fry the bacalaitos on high heat by dropping big spoonfuls in hot oil.
Turn as needed.
Bacalaitos are done when they are golden.
Drain in paper towels and let them cool before biting into them.