1 Box of Lasagna noodles
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
2 eggs, beaten
1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain fat.
2. Mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
3. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
5. Lay noodles flat on towels, and blot dry.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon salt.
7. Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover noodles with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
8. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.