2 lbs. Sirloin
1 cup Onion, chopped
˝ cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
˝ cup green Bell Pepper, chopped
2-4 T. Jalapeno, chopped
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chiles)
1 can Beef Broth
2/3 cup Milk
8 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
enough Mashed Potatoes to cover the casserole and more Shredded Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook beef over LOW heat covered with water until fork-tender, 30-45 minutes. (Longer cooking makes the steak easier to shred.)
2. Place cooked beef on a hard surface and shred by pulling apart with two forks. Set aside.
3. Prepare a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Sauté onion and peppers with dry ingredients until translucent. Add diced tomatoes and green chiles, beef broth and milk. Simmer.
4. Stir in cheese until melted. Add cooked, shredded beef.
5. Top with mashed potatoes and more shredded cheese. Pour into casserole dish prepared with non-stick spray.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.