Cashew Cream -
1 1/2 cups raw cashews (Boil for 10 minutes or soak for 2-3 hours)
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (or unsweetened cashew milk)
1/2 tsp sea salt (more to taste)
1/4 tsp black pepper
Spinach Artichoke Dip -
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
(2) 14 oz cans artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 1/2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp nutmeg
(2) 10 oz bags frozen spinach
1. Add cashews, coconut milk, and sea salt to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Spinach Artichoke Dip:
1. Saute the onions in olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Add the chopped artichoke hearts and garlic, saute for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the cashew cream, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, nutmeg, pepper, and frozen spinach to the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes until the dip is hot and bubbly.
3. Note - If the dip gets too thick while it's cooking add up to a 1/2 cup of low-sodium vegetable broth or water to thin it out.