1) start by putting the chicken in a pot and covering it with water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes, then remove the chicken from the pot. Set the chicken aside to cool briefly.
2) Shred the chicken with 2 forks, reserving the bones.
3) Return the bones to the pot and boil for 20 minutes. Remove the bones from the pot and discard.
4) Add the shredded chicken, onion, celery and carrots to the pot.
5) Then add the salt, pepper, turmeric, thyme, and minced parsley.
6) Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Stir in the noodles. No need to thaw them first.
8) Finally, mix the flour with ½ cup water until smooth. Stir the flour mixture and the splash of half-and-half into the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender, tasting and adding more salt if needed at the end.