1. Melt the butter in microwave for 30 seconds, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. Stir milk and egg together.
4. Create a well in the center of the flour mixture.
5. Pour the butter and milk mixture into the well.
6.Use a wire whisk to stir everything together until just combined. It will be slightly thick and lumpy, but should be well incorporated.
7. Allow the batter to rest while heating a lightly oiled skillet or griddle to medium high heat.
8. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
9. Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown.