3 T Ground Flaxseed
1(15oz) can Black beans, drained and rinsed.
1 C grated carrots or sweet potatoes.
1/3 C Finley chopped fresh parsley leaves
2 large cloves of garlic
1/2 C sunflower seeds, toasted if preferred
3/4 C Rolled oats, processed into flour
1/2C bread crumbs
1/2 T extra- virgin olive oil
1 to 2 T tamari or coconut aminos, to taste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
3/4 to 1 tsp fine grain sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed with 1/3 cup of water and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened.
3. In a large bowl, mash the black beans into a paste, leaving a few beans intact for texture. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and the flaxseed mixture. Adjust the seasoning to taste, if desired. Mix well until combined.
4. With slightly wet hands, shape the dough into 8 patties. Pack the dough tightly to help it hold together during cooking and place the patties on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake the patties for 15 minutes, gently flip them, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, until the patties are firm and golden.