½ C butter, softened
1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
2 Tb milk
2 Tb finely crushed hard peppermint candy
1/8 tsp oil of peppermint
About 20 (2 ounce) squares chocolate flavored candy coating
Decorator Frosting Ingredients:
3 Tb butter, softened
2 C sifted powdered sugar
2 Tb milk
½ tsp vanilla
Red and green paste food coloring
• Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
• Stir in next 3 ingredients, mixing well.
• Divide into 4 portions; shape each into a ball.
• Roll out each portion to ¼ inch thickness; cut with a 1 inch round cutter.
• Place on cookie sheets.
• Cover and chill.
• Place candy coating in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
• Reduce heat to low; cook until coating melts, stirring often.
• Remove from heat, leaving coating over hot water.
• Dip chilled mints in coating to cover all sides,
• Allowing excess to drip.
• Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheets.
• Chill until coating hardens.
• Pipe green decorator frosting on mints, using tip No. 65, to make holly leaves, and pipe red frosting using tip No 2 to
make holly berries.
• Yields 8 dozen
• Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add milk and vanilla, beating to spreading consistency.
• Divide in thirds; color one-third of the frosting red and the remaining two-thirds green.
• Yield: 1 ¼ C