1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees & preheat a cookie sheet.
2) Score the inside of both squash halves by making 1/4 inch deep, criss-crossed slashes from side to side in the flesh.
3) Brush the insides with the orange juice and sprinkle salt over the squash.
4) Place sqash halves on the preheated cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
5) Meanwhile, simmer butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, black pepper, & cayenne (optional) on a small pan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6) Remove squash from oven & pour any liquid out of the squash.
7) Brush the maple glaze over each squash & return squash to the oven for another 20 minutes.
8) Remove from oven & redistribute glaze over the edges.
9) Serve with the extra maple glaze on the side.