1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment with Pam.
3. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
4. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
5. Add molasses and beat.
6. Add ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking soda.
7. Beat in flour until well mixed.
8. Beat in sour cream until mixed thoroughly. Do not overbeat at this point.
9. Scoop into balls and place on cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
10. Bake 12-15 min.
11. When press on top, should make a small impression but should feel spongy.
12. Frost when completely cooled.
1. Beat egg whites until foamy.
2. Add powdered sugar, salt, butter, and vanilla.
3. Beat 5-7 minutes until smooth and creamy. (Add milk if too thick or powdered sugar if too thin)