1. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder. Sift together, stir in vegetable oil. Stir together until it resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add warm water to the flour mixture. I heat up my water for 1 minute and 11 seconds and this seems to be the perfect temperature. Stir until combined.
3. For tacos sized tortillas, use a cookie dough scooper and scoop dough into balls until dough is completely gone. Set the balls of dough on a floured surface.
4. For burrito sized tortillas, use an ice cream scooper and scoop dough into balls until the dough is completely gone. Set the balls of dough on a floured surface.
5. Cover the balls of dough with light dry kitchen towel and let them rest 20-30 minutes.
6. Flatten the dough balls into a round flat ball and roll out with a rolling pin.
7. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, until pan is hot. Then reduce heat to medium (a 4 on my stove).
8. Set one tortilla in the pan, and cook until it starts to bubble on the side that is up, that tells you it is ready to flip.
9. Flip the tortilla and cook on the other side for 30-45 seconds, or until a light golden brown. This can take longer if your pan is cooling.
10. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
*I set my cooked tortillas on a clean kitchen towel and then once they are all cooked I wrap them in that towel until I am ready to serve. If I am not serving until the next day, once they all cool I will store in a gallon Ziplock bag.