2 large ripe avocados, halved and pitted
2 tsp Tabasco brand Green Pepper Sauce, divided
½ tsp salt
3 (14 oz) can chicken broth
3 boneless, skinless cooked chicken breasts halves (about 1 lb), cut into bite
2 Tb uncooked rice
1 lg tomato, seeded and chopped
½ C chopped onion
¼ C finely chopped cilantro
½ C (2 oz) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
• Scoop out avocado into medium bowl and mash with fork.
• Add 1 tsp Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce and salt; blend gently but thoroughly. Set aside.
• Heat chicken broth to boiling in a 4 qt saucepan. Remove from heat and add rice and cover pan. Allow to sit for 5
• Add chicken bite size pieces to broth and rice mixture.
• Just before serving, stir in tomato, onion, cilantro and remaining 1 tsp Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce.
• To serve, break small handful of tortilla ships into bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup over tortilla chips.
• Top with cheese and 1 rounded Tb of avocado mixture. Serve immediately.
Yields: 8 servings