• Combine water and coffee granules in a 3 quart saucepan, stirring until coffee dissolves.
• Add sugar and corn syrup; cook over low heat, stirring gently, until sugar dissolves.
• Cover and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
• Uncover and cook over medium heat, without stirring, to hard ball stage (260°). Remove from heat.
• Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Pour hot mixture in a very thin stream over egg whites
while beating constantly at high speed of an electric mixer.
• Add vanilla and continue beating just until mixture holds its shape (3 to 4 minutes).
• Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool.
Yields: 3 dozen