1½ lbs. ground beef
½ onion, chopped fine
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ green bell pepper, optional
1 large jar spaghetti sauce, (Prego preferred)
5 C water
1 Tb olive oil
• In a skillet, brown meat with onion, garlic and bell pepper on medium heat. Stir so
that meat will brown evenly on all sides. (Cooking all vegetables with meat will
add more flavor to meat.)
• Drain and rinse meat under COLD water in colander. (Hot water will cause the fat to solidify on the meat.)
• Place meat back in skillet, adding spaghetti sauce.
• Mix thoroughly and cover. Allow to simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
• Bring 5 C water and 1 Tb olive oil to boil. When boiling, place spaghetti noodles in water and cook on medium high
heat for 10-12 minutes.
• Drain spaghetti in colander.
• Serve immediately. You may mix spaghetti sauce with spaghetti to serve in large pasta bowl, or place spaghetti
noodles on individual plates and top with sauce.
Yields: 4-6 servings
If desired, serve with garlic bread, salad and/or green vegetable.