• Melt shortening in skillet, enough to cover pan about 1-2 inches deep on medium high heat. (Make sure oil is not too
hot, but hot enough. If oil isn’t hot enough, the meat will absorb the grease and it will not taste good. If too hot, the meat
will burn before the inside is done.)
• To prepare meat, rinse meat in cold water. Cut in pieces.
• To season meat, sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried basil.
• Place flour on plate or in pie pan.
• In another pie pan, mix egg and milk. (You may need to add more milk and egg. It depends on how much meat you
• Dip meat in egg mixture then in flour. Coat thoroughly with flour.
• Cook meat in skillet, watching carefully.
• Turn meat when browned on one side.
• Remove when cooked and place on paper towels to drain. I cover with foil so meat will stay warm while draining.
Yields: 4 servings