1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. mild Italian sausage, ground
½ onion, chopped fine
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ green bell pepper
1 packet spaghetti sauce dry mix
2 (6 oz) tomato paste
18 oz water
1 small bottle Parmesan cheese, or grated fresh
1 lb mozzarella cheese
12 oz small curd cottage cheese
1 Tb olive oil
5 C water
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• In a skillet, brown meat with onion, garlic and bell pepper on medium heat. Stir so that meat will brown evenly on all
sides. (Cooking all vegetables with meat will add more flavor to meat.)
• Drain and rinse meat under COLD water in colander. (Hot water will cause the fat to solidify on the meat.)
• Place meat back in skillet, adding tomato paste, 18 oz water and spaghetti packet.
• Mix thoroughly and cover. Allow to simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
• Bring 5 C water and 1 Tb olive oil to boil. When boiling, place lasagna noodles in water and cook on medium high
heat for 10 minutes.
• Drain lasagna in colander.
• Spray 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
• Place lasagna noodles on bottom of pan in one layer.
• Spoon ½ of meat sauce on top of noodles, spreading to cover noodles.
• Using only half of each of the cheeses, layer cheeses in this order: cottage cheese, mozzarella, then Parmesan.
• Layer noodles again, then meat, ending with cheese.
• At this point, you may cover tightly with foil and freeze. If desired, bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly. Serve
• Yields: 6-8 people.