9 lasagna sheets
1 tsp olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
2 (8.5-ounce) jars sun-dried tomatoes, drained
1 ½ packed cups fresh basil leaves
½ C grated Parmesan, plus 3/4 cup
¼ lb. pancetta, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 C shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
2 Tb butter
• Preheat the oven to 350°.
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
• Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes for dried pasta
or 2 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta. Drain pasta.
• In a food processor combine the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Pulse until the mixture is combined. Transfer to a small
bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Set aside.
• In a large skillet brown the pancetta until crisp. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon.
• Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add asparagus and cook until
tender, about 4 minutes.
• Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the ricotta, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
• Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with PAM. Layer ingredients as listed below: Sprinkle some of the sun-dried tomato
mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Place lasagna sheets single layered in the pan, then half of asparagus
mixture. Next sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and some of the remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan. Continue for 1 more
layer. Top with lasagna sheets, some sun-dried tomato mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Dot the top with butter.
• Bake until the ingredients are warm and the cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.