• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Place cookies, sugar and salt in food processor and grind.
• Add melted butter and process.
• Turn crumb mixture into a spring form pan. Pat with fingers or use the bottom of a ¼ C dry measuring cup. Make sure
mixture goes up the sides of the pan about 1 inch.
To prepare filling:
• In double boiler, put 2” water and bring to a bare simmer.
• Melt chocolate, making sure water doesn’t touch the bottom of the boiler.
• Heat, whisking occasionally until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
• Combine softened crème cheese and sugar in a large bowl.
• Beat on high speed. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla.
• Place prepared spring form pan on baking sheet and pour in filling.
• Bake 55 minutes until the perimeter is set and the center still jiggles.
• As soon as cheesecake comes out of oven, run a knife around the edge.
• Cool completely.
• Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 6 hours BEFORE unmolding.