No kneading, you just mix it up and bake it :)
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups buttermilk or homemade buttermilk--- (2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs.
2. Add milk, flour, and baking soda.
3. Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).
4. Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan.
Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping.
Swirl with a knife.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or until toothpick tester come clean.
Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 2 loaves