1. Heat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Gently, with your fingers, press the pie crust on the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan with removable bottom. Set aside.
3. In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water), add the chocolate, butter and corn syrup. With a spatula stir the chocolate mixture until melted and smooth.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the sugar, vanilla and the eggs.
5. Pour into the prepared pie pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. When you take the pie out of the oven the chocolate filling will be all puffed up. As it cools down, is it deflate a little. Don't panic. It's absolutely normal.
8. Just before serving, whip the heavy cream until form peaks form.
9. With a spatula or a palette knife spread evenly the cream on top of the cooled chocolate layer and decorate with chocolate shavings.
10. With a sharp knife cut the pie into slices.
11. For a somehow clean cut, clean the knife's blade after each cut.