• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Cut shortening into flour with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
• Add 1 cup milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
• Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly.
• Roll dough into a 20x14-inch rectangle; spread the softened butter on dough, leaving a border of about
• Combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well, and sprinkle over butter.
• Top with pecans and raisins, if using.
• Beginning at long side, roll up jelly roll fashion; press edges and ends together securely.
• Cut into 1 inch slices; place cut side down in a buttered 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
• Combine powdered sugar and 3 tablespoon milk and vanilla; drizzle over warm rolls.
Yields: 20 cinnamon rolls.