• Preheat oven to 375º.
• Lightly spoon the flour into measuring cup; level off.
• In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend well.
• In small bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs; mix well.
• Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Do not over stir muffin mix.
• Cover and refrigerate immediately, or bake.
• If desired you may add 1⅓ C of batter to any of the following ingredients for variety:
* ½ raisins, ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp allspice and ¼ tsp cloves.
* ⅓ C semi-sweet chocolate morsels
* Cinnamon topped: After baking, dip top of each muffin in melted butter. Then a mixture of 2 Tb
sugar, ¼ tsp cinnamon and ⅓ tsp nutmeg.
To bake, line muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each liner ⅔ C full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean.
Smaller recipe makes 12 muffins; larger recipe yields 24 muffins.