3 (6-inch) white pita breads
3 Tb unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp minced fresh parsley leaves
¼ tsp minced garlic
⅛ tsp Essence, recipe follows
½ cup finely grated Parmesan
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning:
1 1/4 Tb paprika
1 Tb salt
1 Tb garlic powder
1 ½ tsp black pepper
1 ½ tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp dried oregano
1 ½ tsp dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yields: 2/3 C
• Preheat the oven to 350°.
• Cut each pita bread in half horizontally to make 2 rounds. (There will be 12 total rounds.)
• In a small bowl, cream the butter with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
• Add the parsley, garlic, Essence, and salt and mix well.
• Spread about 1½ tsp of the mixture across each pita round.
• Sprinkle the top of each evenly with 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese.
• Place the rounds on a cutting board and using a pizza wheel, cut each into 5 strips.
• Transfer to a large baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (The strips will continue to
crisp as they cool.)
Serve warm or at room temperature as hors d'oeuvres or snacks, or as accompaniments to soup or salad.