• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
• In a medium bowl, dredge blueberries in 1/8 cup flour.
• Gently stir blueberries together with oats, nuts, 1 1/2 cups flour, soda, and salt.
• In a large bowl, cream shortening. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
• Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
• Stir in mashed banana.
• Add blueberry mixture to creamed mixture, and stir just until moistened.
• Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
• Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the
• Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
• Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.