2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 red onion, diced small (1/2 cup)
1 red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
8 oz organic tomato paste
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp minced fresh basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup white wine (or additional broth)
1 pounds halibut or cod fillets, cut into 2-3" pieces
1 bunch kale, chopped (4 cups)
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onions, bell pepper, garlic, and cilantro. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste and stir well to combine.
3. Add chicken broth, basil, oregano, salt, and wine (or broth). Mix well and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Gently stir in the fish, bring to a boil, and add kale. Lower heat, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and serve.
(healthy, paleo, favorite)