12 uncooked lasagna noodles
4 Tbsp. Oil, divided
8 oz. ground beef
¼ Cup yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
½ Tsp. Dried oregano
Salt and Pepper (add as much as needed)
1 (15oz) Container of Ricotta Cheese
1 Large egg
2 ½ Cups Shredded Mozzarella
¾ Cup Parmesan, grated
⅓ Cup Romano cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. In a sauté pan, put 1 Tablespoon of oil into the pan. When heated, put the onions in the pan and stir. After the onions have began to cook for about a minute, add in the ground beef. Stir until fully cooked.
3. Drain fat liquid from the pan, you wont need it
4. In a BIG pot, boil water (add salt to boil faster) and add in noodles, its okay if the water does not cover them fully right away, but you do not want them to break since they're going to be rolled, so be patient. let one end thats in the water get soft so you can push the rest of the noodle into the water. As the noodles are cooking, complete step 5
5. In a pot, add crushed tomatoes, remaining oil, basil, oregano, and garlic. Stir all together and bring to medium heat. Once heated for a while, add in ground beef that is already cooked and mix together (you now have your sauce)
6. Drain the noodles
7. Keep the noodles in the pot, add a little oil so they don't stick. Also keep the sauce on low heat. Its now time to prepare the cheese mixture.
8. In a bowl, put the whole tub of ricotta in, the egg, the parsley, half of the 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella, the parmesan, and the Romano, and mix
9. Time to prepare the rolls. you'll need a 9x13 baking dish! Pam the baking dish lightly. Pour a thin layer of sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
10. Somewhere sanitary, spread a noodle out, and layer cheese, a little bit of sauce, and then roll and place in the pan. repeat
11. Spread REMAINING sauce and mozzarella over the noodles and cover with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes.