3 C flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 T sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
1 C beer
1 large egg
4 0z cream cheese, softened
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, set some aside for the top of the bread
1 C shredded cheddar, plus a bit extra for the top of the bread
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375º.
1. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, garlic powder, paprika, beer, and the egg. Mix together until
3. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon and cheddar. Season with salt and pepper and stir until completely
4. Fold cream cheese mixture into dough until just combined.
5. Pour dough into loaf pan. Sprinkle reserved bacon and cheese over the top.
6. Bake 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.