1½ fresh wild mushrooms (porcini, chantrelle, shiitake, etc), sliced
9½ tbsp. butter
7 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
¾ c. leek (white and pale green parts only), finely chopped
1¼ c. arborio rice
½ c. dry white wine
¼ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in large pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add ¼ of mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 3-4 min. Salt when tender and transfer to medium bowl.
3. Repeat previous 2 steps, 3 more times with remaining mushrooms and 6 tbsp. of butter.
4. Bring 7 c. of chicken broth to simmer in medium pot. Keep warm.
5. Melt remaining 1½ tbsp. of butter in large pan with olive oil over medium-low heat.
6. Add leek, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until tender, about 4-5 min.
7. Add rice and increase to medium heat. Stir until edges of rice begin to look translucent, about 3-4 min.
8. Add white and stir until liquid is absorbed, about 1 min.
9. Add ¾ c. of warm chick broth, stir until almost all broth is absorbed, about 1 min.
10. Continue adding ¾ cupfuls of broth, stirring until almost all broth is absorbed before adding more until rice is halfway cooked. About 10 min.
11. Stir in sautéed mushrooms.
12. Continue adding ¾ cupfuls of broth, stirring until almost all broth is absorbed before adding more until rice is tender (firm to bite and risotto is creamy). About 10 min.
13. Stir in cheese.