1. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl.
2. Scatter butter cubes over the flour and sprinkle some of the flour mixture over the top of the butter.
3. Using your hands, press the butter into the flour. Keep doing this until there are no more chunks of butter.
4. Add remaining 1 cup of flour. Mix with hands and press together until you get a somewhat crumbly texture.
5. Sprinkle ice water over the mixture. Mix gently with a wooden spoon or spatula, pressing the dough into itself. You may need to finish it with your hands after the water has been absorbed and is no longer sticky. Be careful to not over-mix the dough. If you pinch some of the dough and it holds together, it's ready. If it falls apart, you may need to add a little more water.
6. Work the dough just enough to form a ball. Then cut the dough in half and form the two halves into discs.
7. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
8. Remove dough and let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
9. Using a little flour as necessary, roll the dough out with a rolling pin. If the dough is falling apart, you can put a layer of plastic wrap under and over the dough. This will prevent the dough from sticking or falling apart.