6 organic skinless and boneless chicken breasts*
1 large onion, peeled and diced
2-3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 pkg fresh spinach
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1 (28-oz) can tomatoes
1 (28-oz) carton chicken stock
1 small can tomato paste
1 cup brown rice
1. Place chicken breasts in a large stock pot.
2. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, chicken stock, and bay leaf.
3. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. In a separate pan, cook rice according to directions.
5. After 30 minutes, add tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, spinach, and cooked rice.
6. Continue cooking at least 20 more minutes or until ready to eat.