1. Combine flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in water until well combined.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. After 40 minutes, place a 3- to 6-quart Dutch oven with lid in a cold oven and preheat to 450º.
4. After the dough has rested for the hour, place it on a well-floured surface and sprinkle with a little flour. Using a scraper, fold dough over 10 to 12 times and shape into a rough ball.
5. Place in a parchment paper lined bowl and cover with a towel or another bowl. Let stand on counter top for 15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes, carefully, using oven gloves, lift parchment paper and dough from the bowl and place gently into the hot pot (parchment paper goes into the pot too)..
7. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes, remove lid and parchment paper. Return, uncovered, to oven and bake 10 more minutes.